General Manager- East Coast
At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all and advancing the next generation of fully electric micro-mobility systems. Our fleets are constantly evolving and feature a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices. We design and build our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems in house and run all our local operations to provide safe, efficient, and responsive mobility services that make communities more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
As a General Manager, you are responsible for the success and growth of Veo. This is one of the most important, challenging, and rewarding roles at Veo. We are looking for someone who loves problem-solving, is highly analytical, is a very effective and proactive communicator, operates with an entrepreneurial hustle, and wants to make a measurable impact on the company. This role reports to the Director of Market Operations. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, but this role is open to remote US applicants!
- Own your business: Own the P&L and be accountable for hitting certain operational, and financial targets.
- Improve operations efficiency: Identify key areas in your markets to improve productivity, reduce costs, and increase margin
- Solve operational problems: Be hands-on to solve complex operational problems including maximizing fleet uptime, optimizing distribution, minimizing loss rate
- Be data-driven: Take a data-driven approach to problem-solving and market insight development.
- Build your team: Lead recruiting and development of your local market teams. Develop and mentor your team members.
- Partner cross-functionally: Collaborate with a diverse group from across Veo to ensure timely resolutions, oversee quality control, and process feedback. Synthesize feedback and recommendations from central operations, business development, customer service, and product development teams.
- BS/BA or equivalent required; degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- 5+ years of operations management, business consulting, or related experience managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, optimizing processes, and delivering business goals.
- Excellent communicator capable of motivating a team, working across an organization, and serving as a liaison with external partners as needed.
- Analytical mindset with a strong understanding of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics).
- Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgment in decision-making, and navigating ambiguous environments.
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks.
- Data-driven by nature, strong attention to detail, and obsessed with process improvement.
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and utilizing new tools.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven individual with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the role.
- Startup experience is a plus.
- Opportunity to work on one of the world’s most challenging problems.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth technology company.
- Unlimited Veo credits.
- Commitment to professional development and career growth.
- The anticipated salary range for this position is 90k-150k. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.