Operations Manager - Cedar Rapids
At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all and advancing the next generation of fully electric micromobility systems. Our fleets are constantly evolving and feature a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices. We design and build our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems in house and run all our local operations to provide safe, efficient, and responsive mobility services that make communities more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
Are you a hands-on operations leader with a bias for execution and excellent customer service? Are you excited about helping grow an innovative transportation solution in your very own market? Are you passionate about leading teams? If so, you might be Veo’s next Operations Manager!
As Veo’s Operations Manager, you'll have the opportunity to help lead our innovative dockless micromobility program. You'll play a vital role in the program’s success by ensuring efficient daily warehouse and field operations, as well as strengthening local partnerships. Above all, it will be your responsibility to increase ridership. Your success will be measured by your ability to drive daily ridership, lead a high performing team, and provide users with exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone is who is self-directed with a history of thriving and driving success in fast-paced environments. This role will report directly to the Regional General Manager.
- Oversee daily warehouse and field operations
- Perform physical tasks including moving scooters, driving vans, and maintaining scooters
- Set and manage daily routes for hourly associates for fleet deployment and repositioning
- Identify gaps in hitting operations metrics and develop solutions to fix them
- Drive timely and accurate submission of fleet health count, weekly operations data updates, and maintenance requests
- Recruit and train local team
- Ensure operations are in compliance with city agreements and company SOPs
- Manage inventory and ensure parts are ordered
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1-2 years managing operations in for fleets, warehousing, distribution, delivery, or similar fields.
- Comfortable lifting 60 lbs routinely
- Ownership mindset with a bias for action
- Successful track record prioritizing multiple tasks
- A willingness and ability to work a variety of days and shifts
- Quantitative decision-making skills
- Exceptional communication
- Passion for the overall goals of dockless bike & scooter sharing and sustainable transportation
- Commitment to making your community a better place to live and ride
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early-stage technology company
- Veo credits