Strategic Partnerships & New Market Manager
At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all and advancing the next generation of fully electric micro-mobility systems. Our fleets are constantly evolving and feature a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices. We design and build our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems in house and run all our local operations to provide safe, efficient, and responsive mobility services that make communities more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
As a Strategic Partnerships & New Markets Manager, you will manage support functions essential to sales productivity, allowing our Policy and Partnerships team to more efficiently expand Veo’s market share domestically and globally. This role will be key to Veo’s success in expanding our service in both cities and universities, and will focus on both existing RFP opportunities, as well as new business lead generation. You will work closely with other members of Veo’s Public Policy and Partnerships team, as well as Veo’s hardware and software departments to ensure coordinated communication of Veo’s strengths to potential partners. Veo’s Strategic Partnerships & New Markets Managers must be motivated and active team players capable of excelling in a fast-paced work environment and serving in a public-facing role for a dynamic and growing company.
Who you are:
- You keep your finger on the pulse: If a friend or colleague wants to know what’s going on with urban sustainability and/or transportation planning in the US, they ask you.
- You genuinely care about reducing carbon emissions and making cities safer and more accessible for all by getting people out of cars and onto bikes and scooters.
- Networking is something you enjoy: You are a regular at conferences and are constantly running out of business cards.
- Presentation matters to you: You don’t need help making great presentations (ppts and talking points) and when you speak at conferences, people wait around to ask questions and learn more.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of new market entry planning:
- Identify, develop, and manage long-term and constructive relationships with external clients (cities, universities, and more!) that expand Veo’s total addressable market
- Quantify and communicate new business opportunities to senior leadership and support financial modeling to determine new market prioritization
- Work closely with Veo’s Head of Policy and Partnerships to ensure accurate growth forecasting
- Work closely with Veo’s Communications and Government Partnerships teams, particularly around customer segmentation and lead handling processes
- Support Veo’s Proposal Management team to submit winning RFP and Bid responses
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 + years of experience working in urban/transportation planning, sustainability, or relevant field
- Ability to work independently and a high degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Startup, Consulting, and/or SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Experience with BI tools and CRM systems
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine, and implement sales/new market entry processes, procedures and policies – preferably with a focus on B2G sales
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Strong technical, research, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Happy to travel (up to 30%) and welcome last-min arrangements
- Preferred locations: New York, open to Los Angeles and other locations in the US.
- Competitive Salary, Bonus Opportunity, and Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early-stage technology company and define your own career trajectory
- Unlimited Veo Ride Credits
- A Commitment to Professional Development and Mentorship