Shift Lead - Washington D.C.
Interested candidates must be able to reliably commute to the warehouse in Alexandria, VA.
At Veo, we're bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through our dockless pedal bike, e-bike and e-scooter systems. We also offer fat-tire bikes, cargo bikes and ADA-compliant bikes – making us the only shared mobility provider with this breadth of options. We design and engineer our own vehicles and hardware and software systems to provide greener, sustainable transportation options to our communities. Our mission is to offer the best combination of multi-modal sharing technology and seamless customer service, so users can unlock joy in their day. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own solutions. We are headquartered in Chicago, IL, but we are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
As Veo's Shift Lead, you'll help lead our innovative dockless micro-mobility program. You'll play a vital role in the program’s success, from leading the team, to ensuring efficient daily operations, to answering customer service requests. This person will have a bias for action and excellent customer service skills.
- Perform field tasks: swapping batteries, rebalance vehicles, respond to on-demand requests to locate/retrieve scooters
- Address complaints received by email or Zendesk by solving the issue or addressing it to a field tech
- Train new technicians in shift priorities, start and end of shift SOPs, and in company systems (upkeep, WIW, TechApp)
- Ensure that warehouse is organized and up to standards
- Batteries are being cycled correctly and vehicles are placed in the right position
- Assist with other tasks assigned by Operations Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Prior experience leading or mentoring teammates
- A willingness and ability to work a variety of days and shifts, primarily evenings and weekends
- Exceptional communication and attention to detail
- Passion for dockless scooter sharing and sustainable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs scooters without assistance