Head of People
At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all and advancing the next generation of fully electric micro-mobility systems. Our fleets are constantly evolving and feature a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices. We design and build our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems in house and run all our local operations to provide safe, efficient, and responsive mobility services that make communities more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
As Veo’s Head of People, you will have the opportunity to help shape our innovative micro-mobility programs throughout the US and internationally. You will have a vital role in building out and facilitating the expansion of our People team. Your success will be measured by your ability to help create and maintain exceptional Veo experience and processes that continually engage our teammates.
What you’ll do:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing employee career development, succession planning, retention programs, compensation strategy, training, and leadership development
- Ensure the delivery of Veo's People proposition including increasing employee engagement, reducing voluntary attrition, improving diversity metrics, deployment of leadership development, and consistent career management processes.
- Function as a strategic, human capital business advisor to the senior management team
- Lead and develop Employee Engagement strategies and activities to ensure Veo is continually assessing and improving its management and leadership practices ensuring highly engaged workforce.
- Develop initiatives, policies and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency across the organization
- Oversee benefit and compensation plans to ensure cost efficiencies and attractiveness to retain top talent
- Oversee talent acquisition function to ensure a great candidate and hiring manager experience
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience in HR. Deep and progressive experience as a strategic HR Partner.
- Strong business acumen: Recognizes and enjoys the business side of business. Has knowledge about the organization’s operations and how talent management affects each. Approaches problem-solving from a business-first perspective
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees. Demonstrated experience and a passion for strong collaboration with others
- Change management skills: Ability to add value through change management; help pivot the culture and improve the overall effectiveness of the business and teams
- Resilience: A successful candidate must be resilient in building relationships with the business executives, exerting pressure when pressure may be needed, but also choosing their priorities carefully. You are comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions - you know when to ask for help
- Analytical Skills: Comfort with data and using data to provide insights to help advise and influence business decisions
- Project Management skills: establish project objectives, analyze data, prioritize responsibilities, execute project deliverables, track and measure to successful completion
- Bias for action: Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth technology company
- Veo credits
- Commitment to professional development and career growth
- Opportunity to work on one of the world’s most challenging problems