Policy Partnerships Manager, University Markets
At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all and advancing the next generation of fully electric micro-mobility systems. Our fleets are constantly evolving and feature a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices. We design and build our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems in house and run all our local operations to provide safe, efficient, and responsive mobility services that make communities more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
Location preferred: Chicago
At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all. As one of the fastest growing companies in the industry, Veo stands out for its responsible, financially stable growth strategy. We prioritize strong, long-term, and profitable partnerships and have already expanded to more than 50 markets in the US, from NYC to LA, and everything in between. At Veo we directly design, manufacture, and operate the most innovative and multimodal shared mobility fleet - featuring a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices - and we tailor each of our operations to the unique needs of the cities and universities we serve.
We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
As the Policyand Partnerships Manager specializing in University-led Markets, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our university expansion, retention, and growth strategy. You will work closely with the Director of Government Partnerships and team of Policy and Partnerships Managers (PPMs) to develop, launch, and manage new university partnerships. You will work cross-functionally with the Engineering and Operations departments, among others, to ensure that Veo’s teams are aligned to continue our rapid growth and promote sustainable local operations. This role will spend approximately half of its time on business development. You will collaborate with the Growth and Market Entry team to identify, develop, and onboard new university partners. Externally, you will develop and own Veo’s University & Town strategy nationwide and manage a portfolio of key partner relationships to ensure Veo is positioned to expand.
- Cultivate and maintain positive, constructive relationships with various stakeholders, including cross-department University staff and police, city staff and elected officials, community organizations, businesses, advocacy groups, and student groups.
- Own growth forecasting, lead identification, and outreach efforts to target and engage prospective university partners to expand Veo's presence on US college campuses.
- Deepen Veo’s university engagement through strategies focused on establishing and nurturing partnerships with universities.
- Establish and scale internal practices that harmonize the requirements of university stakeholders with Veo's core values.
- Liaise between university, city, and community partners to establish program guidelines that align with Veo's local operations approach, ensuring operational and financial sustainability.
- Identify compelling content for university proposals showcasing Veo's unique value proposition and benefits.
- Lead contract negotiations with university partners, ensuring mutually beneficial and economically and operationally sustainable terms and conditions;
- Manage staff as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of experience working on public-private partnerships, or similar background in urban/transportation/campus planning, politics, urban development, or relevant areas of law and policy
- Demonstrated experience developing and fostering university and community partnerships
- Outstanding ability to manage interplay between internal stakeholders; ability to quickly balance competing interests and focus on solutions
- Experience interacting with diverse campus departments and host city agencies and bureaucracy, and navigating the nexus of local government and university stakeholders strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Proven ability to effectively lead cross-functional efforts to manage complex partnerships and projects effectively and responsibly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Natural people connector and responsible relationship builder
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills – A good storyteller capable of effective communication policy bullets or a rider’s personal story
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail across varied projects and partnerships
- Independent self-starter with effective people collaboration skills
- Love traveling (up to 50% post-COVID) and welcome short-notice arrangements
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early-stage technology company
- Unlimited Veo ride credits
- A commitment to professional development and mentorship