Partnership and Policy Manager, Social Impact
At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all and advancing the next generation of fully electric micro-mobility systems. Our fleets are constantly evolving and feature a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices. We design and build our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems in house and run all our local operations to provide safe, efficient, and responsive mobility services that make communities more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
Senior Policy and Partnerships Manager, Social Impact
Location preferred: LA or Texas
As Veo’s Policy and Partnerships Manager, Social Impact you will work closely with the Director of Government Partnerships and team of Policy and Partnerships Managers (PPMs) to develop, launch, and manage new micromobility markets and partnerships. You will work cross-functionally with the Engineering and Operations departments, among others, to ensure that Veo’s teams are aligned to continue our rapid growth and promote sustainable local operations. Externally, you will develop and own Veo’s social impact strategy nationwide and manage a portfolio of key partner relationships to ensure Veo is positioned to expand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and manage long-term and constructive relationships with clients, including city staff, elected officials, community based organizations, businesses, and advocacy groups.
- Liaise with city, university, and community partners to establish program rules and requirements that benefit Veo’s local operations approach and result in operational and financial sustainability.
- Develop and execute a robust social impact strategy that fosters market retention and growth, and drives compliance through community outreach, equity engagement, and rider education.
- Build events and outreach toolkit for existing and perspective markets
- Create new market leads and help Veo expand its service and products to new cities.
- Advise Veo’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Contribute strategy framework and local knowledge to Market Entry team to retain, renew, and grow markets.
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of experience working on public-private partnerships, or similar background in urban/transportation planning, politics, urban development, or relevant areas of law and policy
- Demonstrated experience developing and fostering community partnerships
- Outstanding ability to manage interplay between internal stakeholders; ability to quickly balance competing interests and focus on solutions
- Experience interacting with various City agencies and bureaucracy, and navigating the nexus of local government and community stakeholders strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Proven ability to effectively lead cross-functional efforts to manage complex partnerships and projects effectively and responsibly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Natural people connector and responsible relationship builder
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills – A good storyteller capable of effective communication to varied and diverse audiences
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail across varied projects and partnerships
- Independent self-starter with effective people collaboration skills
- Love traveling (up to 50% post-COVID) and welcome short-notice arrangements
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early-stage technology company
- Unlimited Veo ride credits
- A commitment to professional development and mentorship