Interplay's portfolio companies employ thousands of people and are actively hiring.

Regional Mechanic



Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023

This role operates in a matrix structure reporting directly to the Regional General Manager and dotted-line to the Maintenance manager. The Regional mechanic will be primarily responsible for improving the productivity of the mechanics in their region but also for leading and supporting projects that aim to improve company wide mechanic productivity. This role is expected to travel 75% of the time and while traveling they onboard and coach mechanics as well as work on repairing vehicles. Although this schedule can be flexible, the remaining 25% of time is expected to be dedicated maintenance projects under the direction of the Maintenance manager.


    1. Repair vehicles
    2. Onboard new mechanics
    3. Monitor mechanics productivity and coach low performers
    4. Feedback loop on:
      1. Central Operations projects
      2. Hardware solutions
      3. Local mechanic satisfaction/feedback
    5. Lead or support Central Operations maintenance projects. Examples: Testing new tools; Recording training videos; Design new Documents/ SOPs as needed
    6. One stage of Hiring local mechanics

KPIs they are measured on:

    1. Personal Pts/hr
    2. Region’s Average Pts/hr
    3. Individual performance review, which evaluates contribution to:
      1. Network wide projects
      2. Training content development
      3. Network wide training delivery
      4. Maintenance working areas organization

Job requirements

    1. Willingness to travel 75% of the time
    2. Highly preferable 1 year of experience as mechanic at Veo
    3. Highly preferable previous experience as mechanic pre-Veo.
    4. High mechanical pts/hr
    5. Coaching and leadership skills
    6. Ability to collaborate cross functionally and comfortable working in a matrix structure
    7. Ability to analyze productivity dashboards and report work