Bicycle & Scooter Repair Technician - Syracuse
This is a 1099 Independent Contractor position and is not eligible for benefits.
Pay Rate: $16.00-18.00/hr
*Productivity bonus could effectively increase hourly rate*
Are you the person your friends call when something needs to be fixed or repaired? Do you enjoy being hands-on and solving mechanical issues? Are you interested in working in the growing EV shared micromobility industry? If so, you might be the perfect fit for Veo’s Repair Technician!
At Veo, we're bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through electric bikes and scooters. We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation, making the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own creative solutions.
Veo is seeking repair technicians to maintain and repair our electric vehicle fleet. This role is ideal for mechanically-inclined professionals who enjoy solving problems, are comfortable working with their hands, and are passionate in helping make our communities safe and sustainable. No electric vehicle experience required but experience (professional or hobby) repairing bikes, scooters, cars, or motorcycles are a great fit.
Job Type: Full-Time and Part-Time Both Available
Shift: Nights & Weekends
Start Date: ASAP
- Perform comprehensive repairs on Veo’s electric bikes/scooters from tightening a bolt to replacing a motor
- Conduct quality checks and routine inspection to ensure all vehicles meet our safety standards
- Follow processes to log and track maintenance record
- Track inventory levels for spare parts on an ongoing basis
- Maintain excellent warehouse organization and set example for teammates
- Perform field tasks as needed such as: swapping batteries and redistribution
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least 1+ years of experience in maintenance/ auto repair
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull electric bikes/scooters weighing up to 80 lbs
- Problem-solving mindset and self-motivated
- Comfortable with navigating and using smartphone apps
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be a team player!
Nice to have:
- Previous maintenance experience in bikes, scooters, motorcycles, or automotives
- Basic knowledge in electronics
- Full time employees are eligible for: Medical / Dental / Vision coverage, PTO
- Opportunity to help make the community safe and sustainable
- Free Veo credits!
- Flexible work hours