E-Scooter Delivery Driver - San Antonio
Part Time candidates are welcome to apply.
Please note: this is a 1099 position and is not eligible for benefits
Interested candidates must be able to reliably commute to the warehouse in Carbondale, IL
At Veo, we're bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through electric bikes and scooters. We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation, making the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own creative solutions.
Veo seeks drivers to help maintain our vehicles out in the field and continually improve the efficiency of our fleet operations. In this role, drivers will collect the electric vehicles, swap their batteries, and rebalance them throughout the city. During the shift, drivers are also expected to perform quality checks and minor repairs to ensure the vehicles are safe and readily accessible for riders to use.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a team player who enjoys working outdoors, being hands-on, and can work independently throughout an entire shift.
- Follow the Veo Tech app instructions to complete shift tasks and meet certain # of battery changes
- Drive the company van to locate scooters and swap batteries
- Rebalance scooters from low demand to high demand areas
- Perform basic repair and quality check
- Respond to on-demand requests to locate/retrieve scooters
- Assist with other tasks assigned by Operations Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least 21+ years old
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Own a smartphone and be app-savvy
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs without assistance
- Great communication and attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of the local geography and street layout
- Flexible schedule including early morning, night, and weekend shifts
- Related experience in warehouse, mechanical, manufacturing, delivery, etc.
- Full time employees are eligible for: Medical / Dental / Vision coverage, PTO
- Opportunity to help make the community safe and sustainable
- Free Veo credits!
- Flexible work hours