Bilingual Administrative Assistant
West Valley City, UT, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
As a Bilingual Administrative Assistant / Facility Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting with daily business activities and administrative tasks. Some crucial responsibilities include organizing company events, arranging employee training, and managing budgets as needed. You will also be the friendly first point of contact for visitors to our facility. The schedule for this position is 6:00 am - 3:00 pm five days per week onsite in West Valley City, UT
- Front desk and receptionist duties such as answering phones and greeting guests
- Facilitating cross-channel feedback from employees to management.
- Working with team leaders, managers, and department heads to learn departmental needs and goals.
- Observing, reviewing and analyzing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made
- Plan, organize and execute company events (e.g. summer BBQ, weekly lunches, monthly all-hands meeting, unboxing events, holiday celebrations, etc.)
- Work with plant managers to create and distribute documentation required for weekly production, preparing WIP tags and verifications sheets from Misevala
- Assist with Production reports including the Meals Per Hour (MPH) tracker and other daily labor reports
- Assist with coordinating employee schedules for weekly production planning
- Manage hourly employee time cards (updating/editing as necessary), and tracking attendance (call outs, NCNS, tardy, etc). Track labor hours for MPH reports
- Manage timesheets for Temporary associates, and tracking attendance. Track labor hours for MPH reports
- Track and manage inventory of office supplies for production and assist with sanitation orders
- Partner with Operations and Logistics teams to ensure timely printing of shipping labels, and implement new shipping label software as needed.
- Assist in handling expense reporting and invoices
- Assist with facilitating interviews and new hire orientation for production employees
- Establish and maintain relationships with Vendors and Contractors, ensuring compliance with GMPs, and safety/security requirements.
- Manage secure access to the facility, issue key fobs/proximity badges to employees.
- Assist with facilitating GMP and Safety Trainings and tracking completion.
- Assist with maintaining documentation for SQF.
- Additional HR projects, administrative and office tasks as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies, Education, Experience, Licenses and Certifications:
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sharp problem-solving skills paired with a proactive mindset
- Detail oriented with exceptional self-awareness and accountability
- Very strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Fluency with modern technology such as a computer, Microsoft Office products, Google docs, printer setup, and troubleshooting as needed
- 1+ years of administrative experience
- Strong experience with Google Suite or Microsoft Office. Intermediate or expert level competency with Google Sheet or Microsoft Excel.
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!