Software Engineer (GTA - Remote)
TOOLBX is building a construction materials platform that enables lumber & building material dealers to sell online. We make it easy for independent building suppliers to sell online, manage quotes, accept payments, and communicate with their contractors—all in one platform.
Here’s why it matters:
- We see an opportunity for small businesses to play alongside the larger organizations. Our platform brings the big and the small of the supply chain for construction together.
- Over half of the world’s solid waste comes from building and construction. We see an opportunity to drive planned orders and an on-demand supply chain to support buying only when you need it.
- Most construction projects are either over budget or over time because contractors can’t optimize their material spending and are slow to compile invoices.
- The most significant purchase for any individual or family will likely be their home.
- TOOLBX helps make construction projects more efficient. We’re focused on material procurement, and we’re still in the first inning. You could be one of the early people that shape our strategy
We are rapidly expanding and currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- You will write clean, robust code that scales across platforms and devices
- Lead the design and implementation of new features for our platforms
- Provide technical feedback to engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and team problem solving sessions
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure the best possible outcome
- Work in an agile environment
Skills You Bring:
- Experience building React or React Native applications
- Experience building Node.js backend. GraphQL experience is a plus!
- Experience building native applications in iOS (Swift), Android (Java) would be an asset
- Hands on experience with native development tools such as Xcode or Android Studio
- Familiarity integrating with REST APIs and third-party services
- Experience managing and leading project teams
- Demonstrated experience executing deliverables on time
- Experience making an impact on a company and the end users
- Strong understanding of the building blocks of a robust and scalable system
- Passion for technology, change and building an industry revolutionizing product
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus!
Why Join Us?
- Competitive compensation with opportunity for growth and equity eligibility.
- Quarterly virtual team events
- No formal dress code - We'll even give you TOOLBX swag to rock!
- Gain experience with a fast-growing start-up!
- Opportunity to make a HUGE impact in the Trillion dollar construction industry
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Outstanding company culture
This position may require local and other business travel, circumstances permitting
Terms of employment:
Location of work: Toronto based, but team works remote. A large portion of the team is in Toronto, and we do regular in-person fun activities!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.