Sales Development Representative
About the job - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
🔑 THE KEY BITS
- Whereabouts: We are a fully remote company with distributed team members. However, we are looking for someone in any North America time zone to sync with our Revenue team.
- Salary: We have budgeted a base salary of $60,000 USD in addition to a commission structure.
- Visas: We do not sponsor work visas or relocation expenses.
- Video Interviews: Initial Chat with Nicole-People & Culture Lead (20 minutes), Second Interview with Gabby-SDR Manager and AJ-Senior Enterprise Account Executive (30 minutes) and a Third Interview with Eric-President/Co-Founder, Dave-VP of Sales, and Gabby (45 minutes)
- Any final candidates will be asked to complete a small assignment
- Any final candidates will also have an opportunity to meet your new potential Sales team and other Slate team members
- Ideal Start Date: We are always looking to speak with talented and ambitious SDRs so this is an ongoing open job posting (no roles currently open - will update as we have openings)
- Reporting to: Gabby Siddle, SDR Manager
🌍 OUR MISSION
Slate has big ambitions: We were born out of our Founders’ own experiences to solve the problems faced within social media. We are a nimble team of experienced social content & brand marketing professionals who have come together out of a passion for solving problems, building a company based on the deeply held values we share, and to make social content creation effortless for brands.
🔎 OUR VISION
Our vision is to become the undisputed leader in social media content creation, by uniting all parts of the creation workflow into a one-stop solution for brands.
🌠 YOUR CONTRIBUTION
In this rapidly evolving world, Slate is always looking for new ways to disrupt the status quo, go to market faster, and optimize customer experiences. An Enterprise SDR at Slate is someone highly motivated to help source qualified prospects and book new customer demos that convert to sales opportunities. Although this is a foundational role within our Sales team that will give you the knowledge, skills, and best practices to progress your Sales career at Slate, you ideally have a proven track record of success thriving in a fast-paced, self-starter environment where little direction is required. The Enterprise SDR is a trusted resource that develops meaningful relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact, while making a business impact through lead generation. This is a unique opportunity to work on a cross-functional team composed not only of sales but also marketing and customer success so if you love the energy and excitement that comes with a tech startup with growth opportunities Slate may be your big break to a career in tech sales! In this role, you will focus on growing specific industries within a global book of business, so to be successful you should have some previous experience in developing a strong sales pipeline through cold outbound activity that generates and qualifies high-value business which will help expand our global customer portfolio.
As a Sales Development Rep you will be the face of the brand, connecting with prospective customers via chat and meetings and directly impacting customer growth and success. You will be customizing emails, hosting live demos, and doing active discovery so this might be the career for you if you are a people person who loves talking to strangers, addressing questions and objections while proposing solutions, and using active listening to demonstrate best practices to ensure customer satisfaction and success.
- Develop and execute on outbound email sequence campaigns and cold calling strategies to qualify potential customers as a match for our SaaS technology
- Qualify outbound opportunities and develop a strong demo pipeline via phone and email communications
- Be at the forefront of exciting customer experiments that aim to find the most high potential customers and help drive that motion
- Meet weekly and monthly qualified opportunity quotas to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of our technology, industry trends, and competition
- Perform thorough and accurate account research and stakeholder mapping to uncover key thought leaders and corporate initiatives
- Help Slate expand into new markets by identifying target companies and industries, sourcing relevant prospects, and confidently outreach using personalized messaging to decision makers
- Become an expert in enterprise social media & content creation, learn how to “speak the language” of our core customers, identify their pain points, and make compelling & relevant outreach to get them interested in learning more
- Actively collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams
📬 WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU MEET THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of outbound prospecting / sales experience ideally in the enterprise SaaS space
- Authenticity and ability to develop rapport quickly
- Ability to articulately communicate while maintaining high attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls and emails
- High level of comfort with sales, prospecting, and marketing tools & processes
- Highly organized to handle multiple prospects with ease
- Entrepreneur mindset: a self-starter with a high sense of urgency who is confident working within undefined processes
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with Outreach.io a plus
You also approach work in a way that emphasizes our values:
- 🧑🤝🧑 #PeopleFirst: We put people first, and care about the personal well being of our colleagues. We go above and beyond for our customers and each other.
- ⛰️ #EmbraceAdventure: We are excited to take on new challenges, grow, and change in a fast changing environment. A willingness to pitch in and get outside of your comfort zone will help us thrive.
- 🚀 #Innovate to be Great: We're creative, innovative, & think BIG! We’re a unique company blazing our own path. We got to where we are through creativity and innovation and are only confined by our notions of what is possible.
- 🎉 #Win or Lose, Wear It: Celebrate your successes but also own your failures.
- 🤝 #Stronger Together: We are a team dedicated to collaboration and transparency. We keep lines of communication open and realize that we can only win if we work together.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 🏡 Fully remote - work where you want
- 🕰 Flex hours - we just ask you be available for core meetings
- 📈 Equity options
- 🌏 Unlimited PTO policy - we mean it and encourage you to take it
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits (85% medical, 75% dental & vision; 25% for dependents) US only and stipend for international
- 💝 Health and Wellness $250 monthly stipend
- 🏝 Annual company retreats
- 🖥 Home office budget or co-working space allowance
- 🌱 Learning and Development Support
- 💰 401k options - US Only
- 👨👨👧👧 Work with an Amazingly Fun and Collaborative Team!!
*Based on company performance
🌈 We support DEIB initiatives and strongly encourage women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups to apply even if you don’t check all boxes. If this job interests you and you think you have what it takes, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
🏆 Fun Fact: Slate was named to Fast Company's list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022 as No. 2 in the video category!
👉 View our our website: https://slateteams.com for more information about us!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Something looks off?