Machine Learning Engineer
About This Role:
The ShopThing team is looking for a talented junior to mid level Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing team! This role is a 1 year fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave with the possibility of full- time employment at the end of the term. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving our existing recommendation system and will play a critical part in building the future of live shopping in North America!
Role and Responsibility
- Maintain, improve, develop, and optimize the existing recommendation system in a production environment (end-to-end ownership)
- Utilize generative AI to create, enhance, and maintain AI-related projects within a business context
- Collaborate closely with the ML and backend teams to design, develop, and deploy machine learning projects
- Monitor and maintain recommendation systems and NLP models to ensure their performance, reliability, and continuous improvement
- Use generative AI to discover new business opportunities
- Stay-up-to date with the latest developments in machine learning research to uncover and recommend new opportunities
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, AI, or a related field
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Strong knowledge of Python libraries including Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, and Pandas
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts such as clustering, classification, outlier detection, supervised and unsupervised learning
- Familiarity with recommendation systems
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch and Keras is considered an asset
- Proven track record in maintaining and optimizing production-level machine learning models is considered an asset
- Experience working with generative AI models in a business context is considered an asset
- You are a fast learner who is comfortable to work independently
We’re on a mission to transform the way people shop and sell through live video commerce. Hailed as the next evolution in e-commerce by industry analysts, we’re bringing this $430 billion gig economy to North America with the help of top-tier retail brands, influencers and 350,000+ customers.
🎉Successfully raised $10M in Series A Funding
📊 Continued company growth across all departments
⭐️ 4.7 stars in the App Store with over 1000+ reviews!
📈 Exceeded our 2021 yearly download & GMV targets in just 5 months!
📱Launched ShopThing VIP, our subscription-based membership program that offers special access, features and products to pass holders
📱Launched our Android App!
🛍 Expanded our shopper and influencer program to 2 new markets… and counting!
🌎 Amassed a social audience of 450,000+ (the largest audience of any live shopping marketplace in the world!)
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. ShopThing is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact job description.
ShopThing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. ShopThing celebrates and embraces diversity.