Vice President Finance
About This Role:
Reporting to the Founder and CEO, the VP of Finance, will play a critical role in managing our financial strategy, ensuring strong financial results and growth, and providing strategic leadership to the organization. You will be a strategic thinker and business partner who proactively leads a topnotch finance organization that will impact all aspects of the company. This is a key leadership position that requires a combination of financial expertise, and a deep understanding of the startup ecosystem.
- Develop and execute the company's financial strategy in alignment with the overall business goals and objectives
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to the CEO and board of directors
- Build and lead a high-performing finance team. Mentor and develop team members to enhance their skills and capabilities
- Develop business cases and deliver financial analyses for potential initiatives in the areas of product prioritization,, strategic partnerships and others
- Monitor and analyze financial performance key performance metrics and provide meaningful recommendations
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process. Monitor expenses, control costs, and optimize resource allocation to ensure financial sustainability
- Manage cash flow effectively to support day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives
- Oversee fundraising activities, including building relationships with potential investors and partners. Prepare investment pitches, negotiate funding terms and assist with due diligence
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Liaise with accounting firm to manage sales tax, corporate taxes, SRED and tax advisory as required
- Knowledge of Canada-US cross border transactions and consolidation of accounts, including banking and tax filing from our US subsidiary is an asset
- Facilitate office and fulfillment space leases by maintaining a strong relationship with the landlord and ensuring appropriate accounting treatment
- Challenge thinking, provide direction, prioritize financial deliverables, and be a trusted adviser
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (MBA or CPA preferred)
- Proven experience as a VP of Finance or in a senior finance leadership role, preferably in a startup or high-growth environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Power BI is considered an asset
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of financial and accounting principles, regulations, and practices
- Experience with fundraising, investor relations, and M&A activities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to provide guidance on long-term financial decisions
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
We’re on a mission to transform the way people shop and sell through live video commerce. Hailed as the next evolution in e-commerce by industry analysts, we’re bringing this $430 billion gig economy to North America with the help of top-tier retail brands, influencers and 350,000+ customers.
🎉Successfully raised $10M in Series A Funding
📊 Continued company growth across all departments
⭐️ 4.7 stars in the App Store with over 1000+ reviews!
📈 Exceeded our 2021 yearly download & GMV targets in just 5 months!
📱Launched ShopThing VIP, our subscription-based membership program that offers special access, features and products to pass holders
📱Launched our Android App!
🛍 Expanded our shopper and influencer program to 2 new markets… and counting!
🌎 Amassed a social audience of 450,000+ (the largest audience of any live shopping marketplace in the world!)
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. ShopThing is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact job description.
ShopThing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. ShopThing celebrates and embraces diversity.