We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced QA Engineer with proficiency in building, to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and executing test plans, identifying and reporting defects, and ensuring that our software products meet high-quality standards. The QA Engineer will collaborate with developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality software products.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Help drive testing architecture to the next stage of Roof's systems
- Work in a fast-paced cross-functional team that values doing things 'the right way'
- Contribute in an early-stage company with engineering first culture
- Collaborating with the cross-functional team members to develop technical and testing requirements
- Build and maintain test suites for acceptance testing, ensuring that they cover all user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and report defects and ensure their timely resolution
- Identify and communicate quality issues, risks, and potential improvements to the development team
- Participate in agile development processes, including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Conduct manual and automated testing of web and mobile applications
- Participate in the design and development of automated testing frameworks and infrastructure
- Work closely with the development team to troubleshoot issues and provide support
- Continuously improve the quality assurance process and ensure best practices are followed
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance
- Strong experience with Playwright
- Understanding of how to make sure test suites are reliable
- Experience building UX and API automation tests
- Experience building and maintaining test suites for acceptance testing
- Experience with testing mobile applications preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- We host 2 retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Remote First with an office in Toronto for those days you feel like getting out of the house
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.