Senior Backend Engineer
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
- Help drive backend architecture to the next stage of Roof’s systems
- Work in a fast-paced cross-functional team that values doing things ‘the right way’
- Contribute in an early-stage company with engineering first culture
- Contributing to all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, from planning to delivery
- Collaborating with the cross-functional team members to develop technical requirements
- Writing clean code to develop functional web applications and reusable libraries
- Writing unit, functional, and acceptance tests
- Troubleshooting and supporting production applications
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency with PHP language & Laravel framework
- Is a champion of agile methodologies and enjoys shipping code often and confidently
- Has a track record on breaking down complex problems as incremental solutions
- Proactively recommends initiatives to improve our engineering technologies and culture
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other grow
- Takes ownership of the product and is proud of the quality of their work
- Has excellent communication skills and appreciates the value of good documentation
- Understands the challenges of early-stage company priorities
- We would love someone that has skills in DevOps, Big Data / Data Science, Machine learning, GIS
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years (not counted towards your PTO)
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employee and up to 3 dependents
- Remote first with support for autonomous work
- We host 2 killer retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement & allowances
- We continuously celebrate and encourage transparency, individuality and uniqueness
- Servant leadership approach
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?