Head of Legal
Rho Business Banking
Rho is on a mission to make finance frictionless for organizations. Our team and technology power high-performing companies with an all-in-one, end-to-end finance platform that seamlessly enables organizations to safely conduct and manage company cash and spending across commercial-grade banking, corporate cards, treasury management, expense management, account payables, and more.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Legal professional to oversee all legal operations and manage operational and regulatory risk at the company level. You will provide legal counsel to Rho’s leadership team and the broader organization, maximizing our operational efficiencies from a legal and risk perspective. As our Head of Legal, you will represent the organization on all regulatory matters, and work with Rho leaders and team members to identify opportunities to streamline our client experience.
- Guide legal and regulatory matters for the business, mitigate risk, and protect company brand and reputation
- Anticipate and proactively develop a strategy to address changes in regulatory requirements and public policy
- Understand the strategy and value creation levers for the business and reflect them in the company’s legal strategy
- Optimize legal efficiency and effectiveness to best serve and enable the business
- Align legal priorities and resources with corporate strategy
- Serve as a trusted business advisor, proactively engaging management and the board regarding strategic business issues from a legal and risk perspective.
- Collaborate across the business to solidify Rho’s key operating metrics and improve unit economics to drive alignment and support continued scale
- Identify and remediate exposure to brand and reputation risk
- Manage governance approach on regulatory and legal issues
- Drive client satisfaction and experience, with legal as a value-added service
- Develop and implement key performance metrics for the legal organization and its outside counsel
- Refine the legal operations model to increase effectiveness of legal services
- Empower the legal team to serve as trusted business advisors who are sought out to proactively help the business develop solutions
- J.D. from an American Bar Association-accredited law school
- 10+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Demonstrated operating experience within a VC-backed organization; experience in B2B payments preferred
- Member of the State Bar, or member in good standing of the State Bar of another state or District of Columbia
- A high degree of financial and regulatory acumen
- Possesses a strong ability to influence stakeholders, challenging the status quo as a change agent
- Must understand and be able to articulate the financial impact of our business decisions to internal and external stakeholders
Our people are our most valuable asset. The salary range for this role is $225,000-$350,000. Base salary is determined by level and may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. In addition to base pay, Rho offers equity, healthcare benefits and paid time off.
Diversity is a core value at Rho. We’re passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all those involved with our mission, including employees, contractors, candidates, customers and vendors. We believe every member of the Rho community enriches our ability to provide a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the market, identify problems, and drive solutions that align with our mission. We welcome all qualified applications and support each of our Rho’ers with ongoing professional growth opportunities.