Implementation Project Manager
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
If selected for a position in either Chicago or Austin*, you'll enjoy a hybrid work arrangement, allowing you to spend two days a week working from our office. Additionally, we provide an accommodation process for those who may require full remote work.
*Hybrid positions are only applicable to employees within a 35-mile radius of Provi offices
Provi is looking for a Project Manager that will be responsible for the successful implementation of Provi’s technology across a portfolio of enterprise retailer customers. In this role, you will create an individualized project plan for each customer, serve as the main point of contact for the customer as well as internal stakeholders during the onboarding phase, lead project calls, generate weekly status reports, adhere to project timelines, and ultimately ensure that the onboarding experience is positive and results in customers who are long-time users of Provi.
You will be working under the direction of the Director of Operations but in close partnership with a team of Implementation Specialists as well as multiple cross-functional teams.
What you'll be doing
- Managing the execution of multiple customer onboardings at one time
- Integrating and analyzing large amounts of customer data inputs to create a cohesive project plan with an identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and managing the agreed upon project plan to ensure successful completion within scope, time, and quality parameters
- Adapting project plans and schedules as required throughout onboarding to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Leading all client calls including but not limited to the initial project kickoff meeting, weekly status calls, and the feedback/lessons learned call post-implementation
- Ensuring project team members have the necessary knowledge to execute upon assigned tasks in accordance with the project plan. This may sometimes require the analysis of customer data so that it can be disseminated to the team in a format that is ready for execution.
- Providing weekly status reports for each customer during the onboarding phase
- Providing executive level weekly update on current initiatives for internal stakeholders
- Maintaining a log of risks and issues by customer
- Identifying opportunities to optimize operational processes and take the lead on such efforts as required
- Continued focus on developing self and others through demonstration of Project Management best practices
What we are looking for
- Previous Similar Experience - Project Management experience with Enterprise/VIP level clients and with SaaS implementation is required. (4 + years) PMP and/or Agile Certification preferred.
- Extensive Organization and Knowledge Management – In order to navigate the successful onboarding of hundreds of new Provi users, meticulous attention to detail is required. The ability to organize and manage large quantities of data.
- Strategic/Forward Thinking - To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to think ahead, predict what the likely outcome of a scenario is, and proactively create solutions.
- Communication Skills – Since such a large portion of the Project Manager’s time will be spent interacting with the customer, the Project Team, as well as cross-functional teams, it’s important to have excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Technically Savvy - Advanced proficiency in project management softwares (Asana experience is a bonus), a strong command of Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides, experience with cloud-based software interactions including the working in shared databases, ability to gather and present data in professional looking decks and reports, and quality assurance traits to ensure 100% accurate data.
- Troubleshooting – During the process of setting up a new customer, at least a couple things are bound to go wrong. Because of this, the Project Manager needs to be a good problem solver with the ability to formulate a solution.
- Presentation Skills - The Project Manager will serve as the main point of contact for the customer and lead all project related calls (both internal and external), so strong presentation skills with experience presenting to all levels of an organization are a must.
- Ability to Multitask – The goal of providing a good onboarding experience for new customers is to make each customer feel like they’re the only customer that matters. If a Project Manager is able to multitask and juggle different projects simultaneously, they’ll be able to achieve that.
- Flexibility and Adaptability - Demonstrated ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced work environment with evolving priorities.
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role above. Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies, and work location. Base pay is just one component of the Company's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, the Company provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.