Strategic Finance Senior Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Are you looking for a role in a company that's solving one of the greatest challenges of our lifetime?
Ophelia helps people end their opioid use and restore their quality of life with respect for their time and dignity. Our Mission is to make evidence-based treatments for opioid use disorder accessible to everyone... and we're looking to bring more people onto our team to help us achieve it.
Opioid overdose is the #1 cause of death for Americans under 50, but 80% of 3 million Americans with opioid use disorder (OUD) are not getting treatment. Most have jobs, families, and privacy concerns, making it easier to get withdrawal medication from a drug dealer than go to rehab. Meanwhile, 2/3rds of rehabs do not offer medication at all, leading 90% of patients to relapse in the first 3 months. As a result of inadequate access to proven treatment, an American dies of an opioid overdose every 11 minutes.
We are a team of world-renowned doctors, scientists, startup veterans, and White House advisors, backed by leading technology and healthcare investors (Y Combinator, General Catalyst) to re-imagine and re-build addiction treatment in America.
Join us, save lives, and help fix healthcare for those who need it most.
The Strategic Finance team at Ophelia is seeking a unique candidate to fill a cross-functional Strategic Finance analyst role.
This role will provide both support for key business priorities and lead critical workstreams in financial planning and reporting and Operations.
This includes owning and supporting budgeting and planning as well as monthly and quarterly business review processes. This role will provide strategic and analytical support to Operations, the People Team, Technology, and our Data teams. This role will have substantial responsibility to spearhead various initiatives including workforce forecasting and capacity modeling within our core Operations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- Prepare the month-end revenue analysis for all Ophelia products
- Build and consolidate analyses and presentations for executive partners including monthly and quarterly business reviews, board meeting and investor presentations, and other financial review presentations
- Drive key financial and budgeting related deliverables, supporting monthly budget vs. actuals review, quarterly forecasting, and annual planning
- Ensure accurate capacity plans & schedules to determine long-term hiring & short-term staffing needs.
- Partner with the clinical operations, data, and finance teams to create accurate short and long-term forecasts to optimize staffing and inform timing for hiring based on the forecast and budgeting.
- Develop a deep understanding of the various care delivery roles and care delivery operations at Ophelia to facilitate an analytics based approach to forecasting workforce needs of the organization
- Use historical trends, growth targets, patient and staff attrition projections, and other key business inputs to develop scenario-based forecast analyses that inform solutions for balancing supply of and demand for care under varied assumptions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop reporting and analyses required to manage the efficiency and effectiveness of our care delivery teams and processes.
- Consistently practice our cultural values: Champion our patients; Communicate with kindness; Learn and share freely; Get results
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of investment banking, consulting, operations, FP&A, or other finance-related experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, Data Science, Engineering and/or similar subject area with analytical bias
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and financial modeling with attention to detail
- Mathematical and Analytical Aptitude: Strong mathematical and analytical skills, allowing you to navigate and interpret complex data and build reporting.
- Experience with core financial processes combined with knowledge of standard finance systems (e.g., Netsuite)
- Experience with BI systems like Looker, Tableau, Power BI
- Strong business partnering, influencing, and presentation skills
- Effective Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills enable you to effectively convey technical information to non-technical senior leaders
- Decision-Making: Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills empower you to lead with confidence
- Collaborative Approach: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders to deliver seamless alignment and ensure WFM goals are met.
- Project Management: Able to define objectives, create a project plan, identify and manage project risks, implement and deliver on-time, for ongoing execution
- Independent, proactive, take ownership, and follows through on commitments
- Healthcare experience preferred
Interested in learning more about Ophelia and this role? Apply below!