Senior Marketing Manager
Numerade is an education technology company on a mission to close education opportunity gaps.
This is your opportunity to join a profitable, cash flow positive, venture-backed startup early and build something remarkable at the intersection of education and technology.
- Since our launch in 2019, our video-based virtual learning platform has helped over 100 million students gain confidence in STEM subjects, from algebra to quantum mechanics and beyond.
- We’ve built the world's largest STEM video library, creating the AI tutor category.
- We have 60,000 passionate educators creating video content and sharing their knowledge with students around the world.
At Numerade, we are committed to building a virtual learning platform for everyone: For students who want to understand. For educators who love to teach. And for parents who care. Our purpose goes beyond helping students get good grades – we want to support true understanding and help students and educators alike find meaning in education. Both internally and externally, we work to foster a supportive community that encourages honest answers over easy solutions, and we are motivated by the feeling of accomplishment rather than the fear of failure. If you share our commitment to learning, our belief in continuous progress, and our restless curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We’re excited to bring on an experienced leader with strong brand marketing experience who encompasses the unique ability to align brand messaging to target audiences and business objectives. You will work cross-functionally with both Numerade leaders and colleagues to develop and execute the brand vision across all channels, grow the education and learning community, and establish Numerade as the most beloved pioneers in education technology!
In this role, you will:
- Lead brand development for Numerade including, but not limited to brand strategy, brand definition (overall promise, functional/emotional benefits and market differentiators), consumer research/segmentation and brand activation plan across channels and across departments.
- Create an environment and process for compelling brand marketing/advertising campaigns to come to life, ensuring campaigns are on-brand, executed on-time, and optimized at different times for experience, press coverage, brand engagement, and overall sales impact.
- Build the marketing plan and implement key marketing, sales and customer-centric programs that will grow the customer base, improve retention and increase the lifetime value of customers.
- Develop and collaborate with creative leaders as well as leadership and managers in budgeting and forecasting.
- Foster, inspire and build strong in-house teams whose creative and strategic product rivals that of iconic, successful passion-based brands.
- Identify, vett, and build strong relationships with our key business partners in brand marketing and creative agencies
- Be committed to learning and a high level of self-awareness, humility, and curiosity.
- Minimum of 8 years in marketing, with demonstrated expertise in building strong brands and leadership across the full DTC and B2C marketing funnels. Experience at a growth phase multi-sided marketplace or e-commerce company is a plus.
- Proven track record of data-driven marketing with strong success implementing consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing campaigns with clear business objectives and targets.
- Understanding of digital channels, creativity, and market feel. A strong marketing background with the ability to recognize great storytelling and visual design.
- History of translating customer insights into marketing strategies that drive revenues and grow customer value.
- Understanding of fast-paced and ever-changing startup environments, “roll up the sleeves” mindset and drive to accomplish what is necessary. Self-starter with the ability to independently lead this segment of the business.
- Excellent organizational leadership skills. Ability to work collaboratively with peers and external partners.
- Passionate about building incredible consumer products
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- Collaborative, analytical, entrepreneurial with a can-do spirit, and grit.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary with a significant upside in equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for employee
- Work from home, or wherever. We’re remote-first!
- Flexible PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents - We want you to take time to relax, recharge, and reset!
- Tons of opportunities for advancement
Articles and recognition:
We were selected as one of the best 150 Edtech companies in the world by ASU & GVS: https://www.asugsvsummit.com/gsv-150
Check out our blog to learn more about us! https://www.numerade.com/blog/
Be authentic. Come as you are: Numerade is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Numerade is a remote-first company.