Numerade is an education technology company on a mission to close education opportunity gaps.
This is your opportunity to join a profitable, cash flow positive, venture-backed startup early and build something remarkable at the intersection of education and technology.
- Since our launch in 2019, our video-based virtual learning platform has helped over 100 million students gain confidence in STEM subjects, from algebra to quantum mechanics and beyond.
- We’ve built the world's largest STEM video library, creating the AI tutor category.
- We have 60,000 passionate educators creating video content and sharing their knowledge with students around the world.
At Numerade, we are committed to building a virtual learning platform for everyone: For students who want to understand. For educators who love to teach. And for parents who care. Our purpose goes beyond helping students get good grades – we want to support true understanding and help students and educators alike find meaning in education. Both internally and externally, we work to foster a supportive community that encourages honest answers over easy solutions, and we are motivated by the feeling of accomplishment rather than the fear of failure. If you share our commitment to learning, our belief in continuous progress, and our restless curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us scale our infrastructure. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing engineering team working on new technologies in an environment that supports your technical and professional growth.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with our product development teams to build new features for our student and educator users
- Continue to improve our development and deployment pipeline, to provide our engineers with the most productive development experience and increase our delivery velocity
- Improve the performance, security and reliability of our cloud infrastructure
- Learn about our entire business! We are looking for engineers who bring a sense of curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit, and who are interested in learning about our business and users in order to come up with the best solutions.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Python (preferably in use cases related to infrastructure)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform and Puppet
- Experience with Git (preferably including experience with Github and features such as Github Actions)
- Experience with AWS core compute/container products, including EC2, Lambda, ECS, and EKS
- Understanding of AWS networking products including VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, and VPNs.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases such as Postgres and MySQL (including administration), and related AWS products such as RDS
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools (including both open-source and SaaS products)
- Familiarity working within a SCRUM / Agile team environment
- Working experience with Django or other similar web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- Experience with AWS CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
- Experience with AWS data stack including Glue/EMR, Lake Formation, Redshift, and Athena
- Experience with AWS GuardDuty and Security Hub
Interview Process (video call):
- Intro call - 30 min with Ivy, Head of People to discuss the role and your background
- Technical call - 30 min with Jackie, VP of Engineering to understand your experience
- Final group technical call - 60 min with Jackie, and Peter, Lead DevOps Engineer to learn more about your experience and skills set.
Benefits and Perks:
- Work from home, or wherever. We’re remote-first!
- Competitive salary with a significant upside in equity
- Health + dental + vision coverage offered for both employees and their dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents - We want you to take time to relax, recharge, and reset!
- Tons of opportunities for advancement!
Articles and recognition:
We were selected as one of the best 150 Edtech companies in the world by ASU & GVS: https://www.asugsvsummit.com/gsv-150
Check out our blog to learn more about us! https://www.numerade.com/blog/
Be authentic. Come as you are: Numerade is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Numerade is a remote-first company.
Something looks off?