Product Design Manager
Numerade is on a mission to democratize access to extraordinary educators and the STEM content they have to offer.
This is your opportunity to join a venture-backed startup early and build something remarkable at the intersection of education and technology.
- Since launch in 2019, we have helped over 150 million high school and college students gain confidence in STEM subjects, from algebra to quantum mechanics and more.
- We’ve built the world's largest STEM video library.
- We’re profitable
- We’ve raised over $26M in funding through series A in July 2021 and are valued at $100M (check out the article here)
- Our goal is to become the #1 ed-tech learning platform!
At Numerade, we are committed to building a virtual learning platform for everyone: For students who want to understand. For educators who love to teach. And for parents who care. Our purpose goes beyond helping students get good grades – we want to support true understanding and help students and educators alike find meaning in education. Both internally and externally, we work to foster a supportive community that encourages honest answers over easy solutions, and we are motivated by the feeling of accomplishment rather than the fear of failure. If you share our commitment to learning, our belief in continuous progress, and our restless curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Product Design Manager who can balance the responsibilities of leading a team while also rolling up his/her sleeves to deliver delightful, visually exciting and seamless user experiences for our students!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Provide guidance and leadership to assist in making decisions, experimentation and successfully launching features.
- Make the team stronger, both through direct mentorship and leading by example.
- Ensure work across the team is of the highest quality and the implementation accurately reflects the product vision.
- Partner with our product, engineering, and marketing teams to drive our product strategy, product development and the culture around how we build products quickly and effectively
- Help craft and evolve our visual design language to continuously synchronize UI/UX with the highly dynamic tastes and preferences of our primary demographics - high school and college students
- Provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work within and lead from positions of ambiguity
- Redesign a full student dashboard experience, incorporating aspects of gamification, social proofing, and conversion touchpoints
- 7+ years experience working on a large scale, multi-modal B2C consumer product (web, mobile, tablet)
- 3+ years experience in managing a small team 2-3 designers
- Experience with industry standard design tools; Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote
- Experience articulating, negotiating, and refining designs with cross functional teams
- Compelling portfolio demonstrating strong visual skills as well as deep UX intuition
- Familiarity with orchestrating, conducting, and analyzing user research
- Familiarity with funnel metrics, key KPIs and their usage in data-informed design
- Outstanding organization, prioritization and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills; able to drive initiatives with clarity and buy-in from team members
- An entrepreneurial spirit and results-oriented style is a plus
- Passionate about building incredible consumer products
- Highly adaptable and have a flexible mindset supported by strong fundamental design skills and intuition
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
Benefits and perks:
- Work from home, or wherever. We’re remote-first!
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Competitive salary with a significant upside in equity
- Health + dental + vision coverage offered for both employees and their dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO, paid holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents - We want you to take time to relax, recharge, and reset
- Tons of opportunities for advancement
The base salary range for this position is $140,000- $170,000 annually. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company's sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, qualifications and other business considerations.
Articles and recognition:
We were selected as one of the best 150 Edtech companies in the world by ASU & GVS: https://www.asugsvsummit.com/gsv-150
Check out our blog to learn more about us! https://www.numerade.com/blog/
Be authentic. Come as you are: Numerade is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Numerade is a remote-first company.