Senior Design Engineer, Structures and Mechanisms
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Senior Design Engineer reporting to the Structures and Mechanisms Department to help us with the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. This will be a full-time, exempt position located in our Long Beach, CA location.
- Designing vehicle structures from conceptual phase through product release and manufacture
- Ownership of the vehicle BOM, mass tracking and hardware release
- Define and manage interfaces between vehicle subsystems trading various
- Develop design process improvement via simplification or automation
- Provide technical assistance to integration and testing activities
- Manage teamcenter and NX libraries used by entire engineering organization
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of relevant CAD/Design experience
- Experience designing and managing large CAD assemblies and associated drawings
- Demonstrated development and configuration management experience on technically complex hardware products
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering design, analysis, and manufacturing
- Experience with ASME Y14.100, Y14.5, Y14.41
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Aerospace or automotive design experience
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Senior Design Engineer Level III: $135,000-$160,000
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.