Government Affairs Manager
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Government Affairs Manager to join our team in Washington, DC. This role is responsible for U.S. Legislative and Executive Branch outreach and related engagements to support Vast’s strategic policy objectives. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across the company (with Legal, Business Development, Engineering, etc.) and grow the company’s government affairs function.
- Engage directly with relevant Congressional offices and Executive Branch agencies and offices (including NASA, NSpC, OMB, OSTP, etc.) in support of Vast’s policy objectives
- Research, analyze, and track relevant legislation, rulemakings, and other federal government actions that may affect the company
- Prepare briefing materials, talking points, and related work product in support of the company’s policy objectives
- Attend and report on relevant hearings, conferences, and events
- Work closely with Vast’s business development function and legal/regulatory function in support of developing advocacy positions and objectives
- Participate in Vast’s trade association forums to support the company’s objectives
- Coordinate and manage efforts with Vast’s external government affairs advisors
- 4+ years of professional experience in government affairs
- Registered lobbyist
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working on commercial human spaceflight programs and policies
- Proven ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and schedules with ease and grace
- Ability to simplify complex concepts into straightforward and concise explanations
- Comfortable operating outside of areas of expertise and in new territory
- Excellent communication, analytical, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Government Affairs Manager III: $115,000 - $160,000
- Sr. Government Affairs Manager IV: $155,000 - $181,000
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.