Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Compensation Manager, reporting to the SVP, People, to drive and support the compensation strategy & programs that will be required to attract and retain the exceptional talent that will design and build Vast’s artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. This will be a full-time, exempt position located in our Long Beach location.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive compensation strategy, ensuring market competitiveness
- Partner with our People and Finance teams to conceive and put into action competitive salary structures, incentive plans, and recognition programs for team members
- Manage various compensation planning processes, including the annual compensation review cycle, pay equity analysis, and compensation benchmarking
- Elevate our executive compensation strategies to attract and retain top-tier leadership talent
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits, covering health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and wellness programs, guaranteeing a consistent experience across all locations and departments
- Ensure full compliance of all compensation and benefits programs with relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Provide analysis and administer current compensation programs including designing and implementing new compensation strategies for both short-term and long-term incentive plans
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in compensation and benefits program design and/or execution.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Profound knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to compensation and benefits.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting, with a knack for drawing actionable insights from complex datasets.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively.
- A strategic thinker with a customer-centric approach and a fervor for enriching the employee experience.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to influence leaders and employees
- Experience working with HRIS and compensation planning systems is preferred.
- Willingness to work overtime, or weekends to support critical mission milestones
- Compensation Manager: $125,000 - $155,000
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.