Full-Stack Software Engineer, Application Software
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for Full-Stack Software Engineers, reporting to Senior Manager, Application Software Engineering, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and manufacture of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. As a software engineer on our growing team, you'll have an opportunity to learn and grow under the mentorship of seasoned engineers from aerospace and big tech, building powerful software that helps expand humanity into space.
This will be a full-time, exempt position located in our Long Beach location.
- Work with team to design and implement web applications using modern frontends and application servers, that consume apis and micro-services in a heterogeneous environment
- Work with team to design and implement backends including data modeling, apis, and supporting pipelines
- Rapidly iterate on tooling and design new applications as the company grows
- Influence and adopt software practices and patterns that will scale to what will eventually become a very large codebase and team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, or other engineering discipline
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience building, shipping, and supporting complex, data-intensive full-stack software applications
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience working on ambiguous problems
- Production DevOps experience (Docker and K8s preferred)
- Experience working with multiple programming languages
- Experience working with time series data and databases
- Experience with CAD software and the hardware engineering processes
- Experience with API design
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms and frameworks
- React, Vue or similar
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQL Server
- Full-stack Software Engineer I: $105,000 - $135,000
- Full-stack Software Engineer II: $130,000 - $165,000
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.