Sr. Dynamics (Vibration) Test Technician
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Sr. Dynamics Test Technician reporting to the Manager of Environmental Testing, to support in-house and out of house vibration and shock testing that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. You will work closely with Design/Test REs, test technicians, and other teams such as Avionics, Facilities, and Integration to ensure testing standards and schedules are met. This will be a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Long Beach location.
- Perform vibration and shock testing for development, qualification, and acceptance campaigns
- Prepare test set-ups, crane operation, conduct lifting operations
- Controller software set-up and operation
- Develop and modify testing procedures
- Review test requirements, SOWs, fixture design, etc.
- Properly mount accelerometers to test article and log within control software
- Maintaining test lab and equipment - shaker tables, amplifiers, instrumentation
- Data logging and data processing
- Aid in best practices development for test lab use and vibration testing conduct
- 5+ years of vibration testing work experience
- HS Diploma or equivalency certificate
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience conducting vibration testing for aerospace components/vehicles, or similar
- Experience with classical shock testing or MIPS shock testing
- Proficient knowledge and skill working with various sensors (accelerometers, strain gauges, force links / load cells, PTs, TCs, etc.)
- Knowledge of vibration and shock testing equipment: brands, capabilities, maintenance, best practices
- Knowledge of control system softwares (M+P, VR, etc.)
- Proficiency with relevant aerospace testing standards (SMC-S-016, MIL-STD-810G, GSFC-STD-7000B, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Logical and strategic approach to solving problems
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Willingness to work overtime, or weekends to support critical mission milestones
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- Enclosed ISO 8 cleanroom, loud noises
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.