Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator, reporting to the Manager of Supply Chain, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. This will be a full-time, non-exempt position located primarily in our Hawthorne location.
- Transact shipping/receiving operations in ERP system
- Receive all incoming shipments, collect documentation and properly move/store material for future use
- Create and print barcode labels and any other
- File and maintain documentation and records for all incoming shipments
- Generate shipping labels for any outgoing shipments
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, screen for damage and match deliverables to packing slips
- Collaborate with couriers, scheduled deliveries and stakeholders from relating departments to quickly resolve any issues with shipping/receiving operations
- Make small delivery/pickups utilizing company vehicle as needed
- 1+ years of experience in shipping/receiving or inventory control
- 2+ years of experience with ERP software and generating barcodes
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Aerospace inventory background
- Experience with facilities within an aerospace industry
- Knowledge of computer applications and the ability to easily navigate through different computer software programs
- Experience with ERP systems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic direction.
- Willingness to work overtime, or weekends to support critical mission milestones
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.