TIG Welder, 2nd Shift
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a TIG Welder, reporting to the Fabrication Supervisor, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. This will be a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Hawthorne location. In this role you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment where quick communication and effective execution are key.
The 2nd shift schedule is 2pm-10:30pm.
- Weld, assemble, and fabricate various fluid systems and various sub-assembly components
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Operate forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Perform blending, filing and shearing of sheet metal piece parts
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with TIG welding
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in welding with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel, aluminum, copper or titanium
- Experience with aerospace TIG welding
- Highly proficient in tube (small and large diameter up to 6") cutting grinding and fabrication
- Proficient in blue print reading and lay out
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- Certification with AWS D17.1 and D1.2
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Must be able to work overtime hours and/or weekends as needed
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Welder I: $24.00- $29.00
- Welder II: $27.00-$34.00
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.