Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Payroll Manager that will be a critical member of our growing Finance team. The Payroll Manager will oversee the organization's global payroll procedures, ensuring payroll is delivered timely, accurately, efficiently and in compliance with regulations.
- Manage all payroll deadlines and monthly, semi-monthly, bi-weekly payroll tasks
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- System maintenance support including new hire set up, tax form processing, local tax set up, timekeeping input, termination processing, garnishment processing, and verification of employment.
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Understand state and federal new hire, leave of absence, and termination laws
- Produce audit reports, audit registers, and other reporting inquiries
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Provide support to any project related activities from Finance and HR
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- 3+ years of payroll processing with multi-state experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS (e.g. Rippling) and MS Office
- Experience with audit procedures, tax, and accounting practices is preferred
- Strong interpretation of company policies and procedures in a multi-state payroll environment.
- Ability to thrive at an early-stage startup where you will have the opportunity to help create and optimize key systems and processes
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, time management and work prioritization
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aerospace manufacturing experience is a plus
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.