Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Application Software
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Senior Full-stack Software Engineer, Application Software
Vast is looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer, reporting to the Senior Software Manager for Application Engineering, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. As a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer, you will create and deliver the software systems that support the company’s core engineering operations as we design and build the world’s first artificial-gravity commercial space station. We are tackling design, manufacturing, and operations data needs with an agile, first-principles approach. Come help us extend the reach of humanity into space!
This will be a full-time, exempt position located in our Long Beach location.
- Design and implement web applications using modern frontends and application servers, that consume apis and microservices in a heterogeneous environment
- Design and implement backends including data modeling, api design, and supporting pipelines
- Rapidly iterate on tooling and design new applications as the company grows
- Establish software practices and patterns that will scale to what will eventually become a very large codebase and team
- Identify and implement technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or another scientific discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience building, shipping, and supporting complex, data-intensive full-stack web applications
- Experience with software testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Experience building front ends with modern Web frameworks
- Experience with relational databases
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience working on ambiguous problems
- Production DevOps experience (Docker and K8s preferred)
- Experience working with multiple programming languages
- Experience working with time series data and databases
- Experience with CAD software and the hardware engineering processes
- Experience with API design
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms and frameworks:
- React, Vue or similar
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQL Server
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.