Business Development Representative
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Business Development Representative, reporting to the Sr. Business Development Manager, to support trade show execution and other business development projects required to realize our goal of artificial gravity space stations, including the first commercial space station set to launch in 2025. You will work closely with the business development and marketing teams to curate our exhibition booths, marketing collateral, meeting rooms, speaking engagements, and all other tradeshow logistics for both domestic and international trade shows. You will also work collaboratively with the business development and engineering teams to write compliant, compelling, and competitive government and commercial proposals.
This will be a full-time, non-exempt position located at our Long Beach, CA facility.
- Manage all aspects of tradeshow logistics, including but not limited to booth vendor management, meeting room and meeting schedule coordination, printing and shipment of all marketing collateral and swag to be handed out at the booth, speaking engagements, and external events to be hosted at the tradeshow for specific purposes such as recruiting
- Maintain database of all trade shows of interest
- Create yearly trade show outlooks and draft plans for each, including proposed sponsorship level
- Create yearly trade show year-in-review reports to include budget vs actual spend, ROI, and lessons learned
- Provide on-the-ground execution management at each tradeshow
- Research, write, and organize information into proposal documents for government and commercial purposes
- 3+ years of experience coordinating and executing company trade shows
- Experience interfacing with and managing customer relationships
- Experience with commercial or government proposal technical writing
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in marketing, business, hospitality related field
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Space industry experience
- Experience with technical writing
- 1+ years of experience in business development
- Enthusiasm for our mission and brand
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with international vendors and event teams
- Technical proposal writing proficiency
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, domestically and internationally
- Willingness to work overtime, or weekends to support critical mission milestones