Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Purchasing Coordinator, reporting to the Manager of External Supply Chain, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. This will be a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Hawthorne location.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Purchasing Coordinator to support our External Procurement efforts. You will play a crucial role in the development and success of the team. Your attention to detail, ability to build strong relationships, and effective communication will help you thrive in this position.
- Point of Contact for any Vendor Onboarding, managing legal and finance buy off on onboarding process along with providing status of onboarding
- Ownership of "Off the Shelf" flight hardware such as fittings, fasteners, and o-rings which can also expand to non-flight or testing needs
- Tackle high-volume data entry and data migration once we populate/migrate more data into an ERP system (which is needed for AS9100)
- Own any vendor facing issue ticket resolution, RMA processing, and billing/AP discrepancies
- Consumable ordering such as endmills, tooling for machining/additive, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of experience in a supply chain environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, finance, business, or supply chain.
- Purchasing experience.
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed.
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to travel when needed
- Willingness to work overtime, or weekends to support critical mission milestones
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs unassisted