Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for an Application Specialist, reporting to the Director, Ground Software & IT, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. In this role, you'll collaborate with various departments across our organization to identify areas where computer software can streamline workflows, research a solution, purchase software, and train users. This will be a full-time, exempt position located in our Hawthorne location.
- Test and evaluate new applications and technologies for deployment in the organization
- Work closely with teams across the organization to continuously improve team efficiency through the application of software
- Provide day-to-day technical support by responding to employees for applications that are internally engineered, external 3rd party & web platform
- Coordinate with software vendors for timely updates and resolution of issues
- Train employees on the proper use of computer applications and software, creating training materials as necessary
- Work with cyber security team to ensure applications meet regulatory requirements and are secure
- Maintain documentation for software applications, including user guides, FAQs, and troubleshooting guides
- Bachelor's degree in information science, information technology, or other technology discipline; or 4 -years of work experience in an IT capacity lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience as a computer application specialist or IT professional.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of computer applications and the ability to easily navigate through different computer software programs.
- Ability to create and update request for proposals (RFPs), purchase orders (POs) and facilities work orders in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information.
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers.
- Logical and strategic approach to solving problems.
- Ability to read and understand basic floor plans.
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic direction.
- Willingness to work overtime, or weekends to support critical mission milestones.