Business Development Manager
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Launcher is a Vast company that develops Orbiter (Space tug and hosted payload platform) and the E-2 liquid rocket engine.
- Manages customer contract execution, from initial customer contact through completion of the mission.
- Meet and exceed sales metrics.
- Manage and maintain internal sales tools and dashboards.
- Collaborate with the Communications & Marketing team in creating Orbiter marketing material and strategic communications.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest space systems competitive landscape and market, determine pricing, and formulate strategic direction.
- Expand existing business opportunities and nurture relationships with existing customers.
- Develop and present bid/no-bid strategies, and manage proposal planning, preparation, and submission.
- Represent Launcher at public events such as industry conferences and speaking engagements.
- Organize and conduct customer development activities such as customer meetings, facility tours and product demonstrations.
- Support customer program deliverables such as status updates and milestone reviews. Responsible for crafting and presenting both programmatic and technical material.
- Bachelor of Science degree (science or engineering degree preferred).
- 2-5 years of experience in sales and relationship management in aerospace or other related technical fields.
- Direct experience with small spacecraft and launch vehicle design and manufacturing.
- Experience in crafting presentations which includes building out compelling storylines, presenting data to audiences, and pushing the key messages.
- Strong ability to prioritize and successfully drive a sale or project from beginning to end and to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment with the ingenuity to define and implement efficient processes for effective work execution in a matrixed cross-functional environment.
- Self-motivated and creative solutions-focused mentality.
- Passion for the space industry and changing “business-as-usual” paradigms.
- Possess a strong understanding of business-to-business sales processes, best practices, pipeline management, and technical proposal writing.
- Ability to discuss technical systems and practical applications to a variety of audiences.
- Possess a security clearance or the ability to obtain one