Mechanical Engineer, Human Systems
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to help with the design and maintenance of CAD models for Haven, our artificial gravity space station.
- Perform mechanical design and analysis, develop manufacturing drawings, test plans, and concept of operations and follow hardware through the entire process.
- Lead trades and own interfaces with all sub systems.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or physics
- 3+ years of experience working professionally with NX and/or CAD
- 3+ years of experience utilizing GD&T
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with at least one commercial FEA or multiphysics simulation package (NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS, CFD codes, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to own hardware or systems within an integrated engineering team outside a classroom setting.
- Analytical/scientific programming experience (Python, Matlab, Excel, etc.).