Machinist, Lathe Set-up/Operation
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a CNC Lathe Machinist, Set-up/Operation to support the machining and development of our products: E-2 Engine, Orbiter, and Haven-1. As a machinist, you will manufacture parts from billet material and additively manufactured hardware. Our team uses manual lathes and lathes with y-axis and live turning capabilities.
- First Shift: 6AM-3:30PM
- Second Shift: 3PM-12:30AM
- Set up machines and run initial programs.
- Procure tooling necessary for jobs.
- Understand speeds and feeds.
- Maintain the machine, custom tooling & fixtures.
- Perform first article inspection.
- Effectively work as a team and pass on workload to the following shift.
- Clean machines.
- Swap tools and reset tool counters as needed.
- 5+ years of CNC machining experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiarity with inspection tools.
- Knowledge of Gcode.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to run up to 2 machines with an uptime of 70%.
- Ability to deburr all parts to ensure quality parts.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- College or Trade school certificate.
- Working with AM parts.
- Relevant Lathe setup Y axis Live tooling experience.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.