Flight Software Engineer
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
- Write flight software code for Vast’s avionics computers and other flight hardware.
- Work closely with the avionics hardware team to understand the avionics flight hardware design.
- Integrate command and telemetry systems that communicate with ground systems and mission operations.
- Develop flight code that implements Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) algorithms.
- Develop tests that rigorously exercise our flight software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or other engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience coding with C++
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knows how to work in a continuous build and test environment and understand the tools used.
- Familiarity with Git, Cmake, and GNU tools.
- Able to work in a Linux environment.
- Hands-on experience with communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C,and USB.
- Experience with Embedded Systems.
- Understanding of Linux kernel software and drivers.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- Experience with fault-tolerant and safety-critical software design on complex systems such as spacecraft, aircraft or autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with network programming.
- Experience working with satellite communications or telemetry systems.
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzers, and digital multimeters for debugging at the hardware level.