Additive Manufacturing Technician
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for an Additive Manufacturing Technician to work with Vast’s growing inventory of additive machines. You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the equipment, as well as part post-processing and quality control. Through taking on these responsibilities you will be supporting Orbiter, E-2 Engine development, and Haven-1.
This is a second shift role.
- Setting up AM print jobs, verifying machine settings against best practices, overseeing the print process and quality as the machine operates
- Safely handling the metal powder before and after the build, includes sieving, loading, part de-powdering, measuring, and safe storage
- Keep a clean, organized, and thoroughly maintained work space
- Develop and implement process efficiency improvement projects
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
- Operate post processing equipment such as drills, handheld grinders and CNC machines as required
- Perform preventive routine maintenance on the machines and troubleshooting manufacturing hardware
- High school degree or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience
- 1+ years Additive manufacturing experience (Laser Powder Bed Fusion)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret and work from drawings, controlled documentation and processes such as: assembly procedures/work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Experience working in the military or at an aerospace manufacturing company (spacecraft, aircraft, etc.)
- Experience driving engagement with others, taking initiative, and helping push the team to new levels
- Experience with metal powders is a plus
- This is a 2nd shift role from 2 PM until 12:00 AM
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary