Partner, Referral (Arizona-licensed attorney)
Justpoint is a technology and financial platform that allows ambitious personal injury attorneys to start their own practice and grow beyond their current employers. We remove attorneys’ financial risks and client-origination costs associated with starting their firm, and we also provide attorneys with pre-trained paralegals, medical staff, software, and a nationwide attorney network. Justpoint attorneys can work from anywhere in the world: from Arizona to the Bahamas.
Justpoint is redesigning the litigation experience by (1) finding the best lawyer for each plaintiff based on data, not ads, and (2) decreasing attorney’s costs using artificial intelligence, allowing for reduced contingency fees and more equitable access to justice for plaintiffs. We believe an optimized litigation system is a fairer one.
We are a distributed startup and have a diverse team from different countries and backgrounds and, as such, we celebrate diversity. We have team members in New York, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Krakow (Poland), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), and Guatemala City (Guatemala). We have previously worked at Google, venture capital firms, several tech startups, and some of the industry-leading hospitals. We recently raised over $ 1.4 M from some of the biggest investors in healthcare (Vivek Garipalli), law (Chris Smoak), and artificial intelligence (Amino Capital) to redesign the litigation experience. Justpoint investors have also invested in startups such as Zoom (NASDAQ: ZM), Chime ($25 B valuation), Carta ($7 B valuation), and Clover Health (NASDAQ: CLOV). We are now focused on growing and developing our team to achieve our mission faster!
You are empathetic, ambitious, passionate about your work, need to have an impact on the world and you work hard to achieve your goals. When something can be improved, you don’t wait to be told what to do, you proactively address it. You are comfortable giving and also receiving feedback—you understand that's how teamwork and performance (both personal and company-wide) is improved. You enjoy working with a diverse team and are a curious person who loves to learn. You are adaptive and excited about the rapidly changing environment of a startup and are driven to help build out processes to create an efficient and effective team.
We are a fast-growing company, and we expect you to grow with us. By progressing in the company, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with management, our engineers and designers teams to develop and launch new products, processes, and solutions, and develop relationships with law firms to further improve the personal injury space.
- Being a startup, responsibilities may change and evolve as the company grows.
- Your main responsibility is to analyze and potentially interview victims of medical malpractice and personal injury to assess their cases and refer them to attorneys in our network.
- Share your knowledge with our artificial intelligence engineers to improve the workflow for the Claims Team.
- Business development - develop and maintain working relationships with law firms while negotiating referral fees, setting expectations, and helping to create an efficient system of referring cases.
- Develop processes and procedures - both client and attorney-facing.
- Closely track potential cases from lead acquisition through client retention.
- Work closely with our Management team to optimize internal processes, develop new ideas, implement new strategies, and assist with hiring future employees.
- Collaborate with marketing, engineering, user experience, and other teams to improve overall company performance.
- We endeavor to play to our strengths - being a startup, there are many areas in which you can add value.
- License to practice law in Arizona.
- Highly motivated, organized, and responsive.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an interest in growing within the company.
- Interest in working in a dynamic, startup environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office/Google docs/Excel.
- Experience in medical malpractice and/or general personal injury (preferred).
- Familiarity with medical jargon, with some familiarity with medical malpractice (preferred).
- Base salary: from $45K to $80K per year
- Contingency fees: from $250K to $600K per year (expected amount depending on attorney's performance)
- Equity in Justpoint: 5,000 shares
- Health insurance
- Work from anywhere in the world
Learn more about Justpoint:
Something looks off?