Director of Finance - Network Media - based in Las Vegas
Marketing & Communications, Accounting & Finance
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
About Network Media
At Network Media we make fun and entertaining videos for Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and more. We are a high-growth creator content company with a proven creator development system and support community that accelerates new creators looking to build out their careers across social video platforms.
Recently acquired by the global creator company Jellysmack, the partnership will leverage Jellysmack’s technology and data-driven creator expertise to accelerate Network Media into new genres and across even more platforms. Join our team and be part of our mission to revolutionize the creator industry, unlock the potential of talented individuals, and shape the future of social video content creation.
Network Media is hiring a highly motivated and experienced Director of Finance to join our growing team. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, pays meticulous attention to detail, possesses excellent communication skills, is a self-starter, and has a proven track record of success in hyper-growth businesses. This is an exciting new position with high visibility and the ability to make an immediate impact.
In this role, you will serve as a key partner to the President/Founder, the COO of Network Media, and senior business leaders within Jellysmack. Your responsibilities will encompass all accounting and finance activities for Network Media, as well as facilitating communication with headquarters.
- Collaborate closely with business leaders on day-to-day activities to drive growth and profitability.
- Own the P&L for Network Media, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jellysmack, providing controllership and data-driven recommendations
- Develop robust and scalable forecasting tools to support quarterly, annual, and long-range planning cycles.
- Provide decision support and analytical rigor to drive business growth.
- Develop new reporting tools and enhance existing capabilities for effective daily business management.
- Oversee period-end close processes (monthly, quarterly, and annual), ensuring thorough review of accounting records, conducting flux analyses, and adopting new accounting standards and procedures.
- Implement and document new accounting standards or changes to accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP.
- Establish and maintain an internal control framework.
- Manage statutory reporting requirements and ensure tax compliance.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a requirement.
- Proficiency in managing large data sets and various reporting tools (e.g., Looker) that can scale.
- Comfortable working in an environment of uncertainty and change.
- Excellent multitasking skills with sound judgment and the ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines while maintaining high-quality deliverables.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to build business partnerships and pay attention to detail with a comprehensive view.
- Experience in a multinational (multiple time zone) environment is preferred
- CPA certification is preferred
- Experience with Netsuite is preferred
- Video applications preferred; after all, we are a video company!