SVP, Strategy & Operations - Network Media - LA & Las Vegas
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
About Network Media
At Network Media we make fun and entertaining videos for Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and more. We are a high-growth creator content company with a proven creator development system and support community that accelerates new creators looking to build out their careers across social video platforms.
Recently acquired by the global creator company Jellysmack, the partnership will leverage Jellysmack’s technology and data-driven creator expertise to accelerate Network Media into new genres and across even more platforms. Join our team and be part of our mission to revolutionize the creator industry, unlock the potential of talented individuals, and shape the future of social video content creation.
The VP, Strategy & Operations is the critical operating partner to the founder and CEO/Chief Creative Officer of Network Media. You have a passion for digital video, talent and start-ups. Your superpowers are adding structure and efficiency to companies to accelerate their revenue growth and profitability. In this unique role, you’ll help scale a profitable business 10x including creating streamlined processes to drive growth and efficiency, managing the P&L to hit goals, building a best in class team, identifying and executing new revenue streams and helping build the best creator community and content in social video.
- In partnership with the Network Media leadership team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Growth and Strategy: Develop and execute short-term and long-term growth strategies for Network Media; Expand into new verticals, geographies, and platforms to drive our company's growth.
- P&L management: Collaborate with the finance team to project and manage budgets, track monthly performance, and provide regular updates; Work with the accounting department to streamline processes and reporting.
- Platform Relationships and Operations: Manage relationships and operations across social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok; Enhance Network Media's reputation, resolve operational issues, and generate additional revenue.
- Creator Sales and Success: Formalize sales and success processes, including creator outreach, negotiation, contracts, onboarding, training, and upsells; Identify opportunities for creators to monetize on new platforms and partnerships.
- HR and People: Collaborate with the Jellysmack HR team to develop a hiring plan and benefits strategy; Assist with the creation of job descriptions and ensure a smooth HR process.
- Jellysmack Synergies: Identify and execute synergies between Jellysmack and Network Media, leveraging Jellysmack’s data and tools, and creator upselling opportunities (brand partnerships, ventures, etc).
- Ideal candidate is based in Los Angeles with flexibility to travel frequently to Las Vegas.
- Experience in a startup environment, preferably in digital media and social video.
- Background in working with entertainment talent.
- Active presence on social media platforms.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in operations.
- Preferred experience in a multinational environment with familiarity in working across different time zones.
- Comfortable with managing uncertainty and adapting to change.
- Strong multitasking skills, excellent judgment, and the ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines while maintaining high-quality deliverables.
- Proven ability to build business partnerships, collaborate effectively, and pay meticulous attention to details.
- Video applications preferred; after all, we are a video company!