Director, Post-Merger Integrations
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
We are already able to solve many of the pain points that creators face: growing an audience, optimizing content, and monetizing but we would like to both diversify our monetization engine and scale up our content portfolio. We are planning to do so organically and through M&A.
Thus, we are seeking a highly motivated and organised VP, Post-Merger Integrations to join our growing team. This crucial, individual contributor role will lead our M&A integration practice. He/she will work cross-functionally starting before the acquisition of new businesses through the transition to business as usual. They will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive plan for each acquisition (including the approach, key milestones, and management of services agreements) while also assisting with the day-to-day execution of the integration process, pre-integration diligence and driving proactive issue resolution.
What You Can Expect
- First and foremost, you will maximize the value of M&A targets by developing and setting up an M&A integration playbook including processes, methodologies, tools, and best practices to accelerate speed and effectiveness of future integrations.
- You will lead cross functional teams (including Finance, People, Legal, IT, Brand, Business Operations etc…) providing clear direction such that everyone understands what their role is and remains focused on the right things at the right time during the M&A integration project.
- You will be a project manager that defines deliverables and provides visibility to project progress (milestones, risks), budget, synergies, KPIs as well as proactively manages issues, risks, action items, etc.
- You will facilitate collaboration sessions to address key integration concerns and seek solutions with cross functional parties –both from acquired entities and Jellysmack.
- You will partner with the integration teams, senior leadership and relevant parties on the PMI integration types, methodology, principles, expectations, timeline, and definitions of success.
- You will be a self starter who can take a corporate first approach and be uniquely flexible to manoeuvre where other managers cannot. You will be expected to determine what to do, where to focus and who to contact.
- You will understand both companies’ historical and forecasted financial performance and how the combined entity will perform, but you will manage only the process, not the business.
A Little About You
- You believe in deal-driven growth. You love solving complex problems. You have project management experience and know how to lead company-wide change through alignment, storytelling and connecting the dots.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in project management and M&A integration
- Experience of leading change in complex environments while maintaining healthy and productive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to manage complex projects in multicultural environment
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- Early Summer release Fridays
- 401K match
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Cell phone/internet reimbursement
- A $300 USD allowance for your home office
- Graduate degree in law or business administration
- Experience of post-merger integration of content related business (gaming, media production, social media, etc)Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize data into meaningful insights that drive successful business actions.
- Empathy & people orientation
A Bit About Us
We are Jellysmack, the global creator company, and we’re obsessed with helping creators Go Bigger.
We believe that creators are the future of entertainment, and we are on a mission to elevate them to their highest potential across social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and beyond.
We use technology, data, and expertise to turn the talented video creators of today into the digital icons of tomorrow.
Our powerful AI detects and develops the most promising creators, inviting only the best on a life-changing journey to skyrocket their social growth and build long-term success.
Through multi-platform distribution, financial backing, streaming television syndication, content ideation, brand partnerships, and more, Jellysmack provides the all-encompassing infrastructure that the world’s top creators need to maximize their value.
Our industry-leading solutions impart the gift of time and empower our elite community of creators to prioritize their passion. Our exclusive roster includes names like MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Brad Mondo, The Try Guys, KallmeKris, Junya, and Luisito Comunica.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built and our numerous awards, including: Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Social Media (2023) and #1 Most Innovative Company in Video (2022), Digiday’s Best Distribution Strategy (2023 Video and TV Awards) and Best Social Management Platform (2022 Technology Awards). We have also been recognized by Forbes and Built In as one of the best places to work in the United States. Our people are Jellysmack's greatest competitive advantage, and we'll continue to invest in our people-first culture.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!
More About Us
See more open positions at Jellysmack
Something looks off?