Director of Creative, YouTube Channels / Executive Producer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
As part of the team managing Jellysmack’s growth initiatives on YouTube, you will be in charge of the creative development, the expansion, and the editorial coordination of new shows for Jellysmack’s YouTube channels.
Creative, self-starter and business driven, you will be responsible for the development of our editorial strategy for key verticals ranging from beauty and lifestyle to animation and fiction. You will ensure new entities joining Jellysmack benefit from a strong editorial support to embrace Jellysmack’s capabilities and align with our editorial priorities in order to expand our portfolio and our reach.
This role is at the heart of all the challenges and opportunities implied by content development on social media, with a YouTube first approach. It provides a balance between editorial strategy at a group level and hands-on creative development of new shows, with a clear focus on performance within digital video economics.
What You Can Expect
- You will make great YouTube content! You will develop and oversee the global YouTube creative initiatives, development and content strategy for our YouTube channels, consistently with the company vision and editorial priorities for the platform.
- You will lead the content creation process from ideation, concept development, through production, to final edit, with teams of experts in key genres, writers and editors.
- You will collaborate with other departments to ensure that creative workflow aligns with Jellysmack production capabilities to deliver performance driven shows at scale.
- You will analyze and track performance metrics to optimize content performance and inform future content decisions.
- You will communicate the overall picture to teams and coordinate projects to synchronize developments on key verticals, while ensuring channels interoperability and talent dependencies reduction
A Little About You
- You are a native digital creative mind with an obsession for using data to launch and grow profitable content.
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously. You always meet deadlines thanks to your organizational skills and capacity to structure projects.
- You approach content creation through the combination of your analytical rigor and your creativity, which is nourished by exchanges with your peers and talent.
- You have a deep roster of creative talent within the industry that you leverage to get shows done.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have 8+ years of proven experience in creative development, production and showrunning in the digital and/or TV landscape.
- You have a strong understanding of Youtube and its ecosystem, including algorithm changes, analytics, and monetization strategies.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- You have demonstrated the ability to think creatively and outside of the box to drive YouTube channels growth
- Early Summer release Fridays
- 401K match
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- Cell phone/internet reimbursement
- A $300 USD allowance for your home office
A Bit About Us
We are Jellysmack, the global creator company, and we’re obsessed with helping creators Go Bigger.
We believe that creators are the future of entertainment, and we are on a mission to elevate them to their highest potential across social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and beyond.
We use technology, data, and expertise to turn the talented video creators of today into the digital icons of tomorrow.
Our powerful AI detects and develops the most promising creators, inviting only the best on a life-changing journey to skyrocket their social growth and build long-term success.
Through multi-platform distribution, financial backing, streaming television syndication, content ideation, brand partnerships, and more, Jellysmack provides the all-encompassing infrastructure that the world’s top creators need to maximize their value.
Our industry-leading solutions impart the gift of time and empower our elite community of creators to prioritize their passion. Our exclusive roster includes names like MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Brad Mondo, The Try Guys, KallmeKris, Junya, and Luisito Comunica.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built and our numerous awards, including: Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Social Media (2023) and #1 Most Innovative Company in Video (2022), Digiday’s Best Distribution Strategy (2023 Video and TV Awards) and Best Social Management Platform (2022 Technology Awards). We have also been recognized by Forbes and Built In as one of the best places to work in the United States. Our people are Jellysmack's greatest competitive advantage, and we'll continue to invest in our people-first culture.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!
More About Us
See more open positions at Jellysmack
Something looks off?