Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Alaska and Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
The Finance team at GRIN is growing and we are seeking a Senior Accountant (GL) to join our Accounting team, reporting to the Accounting Manager. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build processes, collaborate cross functionally and will play a key role in the team’s ability to scale. The Senior GL Accountant will own various functional accounting areas such as month-end close, financial reporting, maintaining the general ledger, account reconciliations and supporting other functions within the accounting department.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze customer contracts to identify revenue recognition implications and ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure proper revenue treatment for different business units and products.
- Oversee the billing process, ensuring accuracy and timeliness in generating customer invoices and monitor accounts receivable.
- Proactively manage customer collections and take the required actions to resolve past due accounts in collaboration with internal teams, including Customer Success and Revenue Operations.
- Create and maintain an Accounts Receivable KPI Dashboard with weekly and monthly updates to cross functional teams with action items and forecasted AR trends.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned, such as recording, reconciling, and analyzing accounting transactions
- Respond to customer inquiries and process any concessions, refunds or necessary requests.
- Lead the month-end duties and perform deliverables according to the close checklist and calendar with eventual migration to FloQast
- Lead the annual revenue tax process for independent contractors and creators managing all 1099s, 1042s and W8 BEN while ensuring timely filing each year.
- Maintain knowledge of Sales Tax and Nexus performing monthly and quarterly reviews to ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations.
- Review and perform reclassification entries for the proper coding of transactions to GL accounts
- Stay up-to-date with accounting regulations and standards, ensuring the company's adherence.
- Identify opportunities to enhance revenue-related processes and controls for efficiency and accuracy while building automation.
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. system implementation and migrations, data validation, etc.)
- Assist with the annual audit process including both the readiness and execution, including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Assist in the development, rollout and continuous improvement of procedures, process, accounting memos and internal control documentation
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 4+ years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus
- Candidate should have at least 2 years Audit Experience and ideally Industry (SaaS) experience, preferably in the tech industry working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a high growth, fast--paced start-up environment is highly preferred
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word / Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks and NetSuite is a plus
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus company match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity