Sr. Analyst, Strategic Finance & Corporate Development
Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Alaska and Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
GRIN is growing rapidly, and the Strategic Finance team is looking for an accomplished Sr. Analyst that thrives on ambiguity in a dynamic and high growth organization. The Strategic Finance team plays an important role in providing strategic, operational, and financial analyses to support the company’s growth strategy and resource allocation. This newly created role will report to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Finance and will be in a unique position to work on several high-impact organic and inorganic initiatives that will support GRIN’s growth strategy.
We are a fast-paced, fun organization going through rapid growth and solving operational challenges at scale.
Who You Are:
- You are entrepreneurial and bring a creative approach to solving complex problems
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and adapt quickly with a bias for action
- You demonstrate high emotional intelligence and inspire trust in others
- You are able to balance and prioritize multiple, important projects at the same time
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well
What You'll Do:
- Proactively identify, structure, and execute high-impact strategic and operational initiatives across GRIN that drive growth and improved resource allocation
- Partner with cross-functional teams to enhance their ability to make critical decisions using analytical frameworks and a data-first approach
- Perform ad hoc analyses related to new products or services, new markets, customer behavior, product pricing, sales & marketing performance, operations, and more
- Assist in the evaluation of M&A opportunities by creating financial models, assisting in due diligence efforts, creating investment memorandums, contributing to the negotiation of transaction terms & legal documentation, and interfacing with Business Partners for integration planning
- Build strong, trusted relationships with senior management and leaders. You will have direct visibility to the co-founders, our CFO, and broader leadership team
- This role is separate and distinct from the FP&A function at GRIN
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A, or business operations or 2+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or corporate development
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and Excel/Google Sheets & ability to start most projects from a blank sheet
- Experience in or familiarity with SaaS/FinTech preferred
- Solid business acumen with sharp problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter with a proven track record of independently owning projects; capable of seeking necessary information to solve conceptual problems
- Ability to translate data into meaningful insights to present to cross-functional and senior leadership teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to condense complex information into simple language for the appropriate audience
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus company match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity