Sr. Cloud Database Engineer
Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
[[POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CANADA AND LIVING IN CANADA, EXCEPT QUEBEC PROVINCE]]
GRIN is looking for an experienced, highly skilled, and professional Sr. Cloud Database Engineer to design, maintain and scale our SaaS application. You will join a team of experienced DevOps and Site Reliability engineers that work in a fast, fun and collaborative environment. This is a rare opportunity to join a high growth startup that is looking to give you a career-changing impact on the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage existing industry and internal tools to manage, debug, and scale Aurora MySQL and NoSQL databases and systems
- Perform query analysis, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Be a subject matter expert, working with software architects and developers to design efficient database systems & schemas
- Work with SRE and DevOps to automate common database operations, improve observability and resiliency throughout the application
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience with cloud database systems
- Deep knowledge of common relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Some knowledge of common NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DocumentDB)
- Experience working with Database Abstraction Layers and ORM
- Experience tuning Databases to increase performance
- Strong experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience working on cross functional teams
- Strong troubleshooting and task management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to develop detail oriented solutions
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Experience with infrastructure automation and DevOps practices
- AWS or other cloud certifications
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity
Something looks off?