Market Development Representative
Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
GRIN is seeking a Market Development Representative to join our team. As an MDR you play an integral role in the Marketing and Sales funnel by processing inbound marketing leads, qualifying the potential customer, and booking demos for those qualified prospects with Account Executives. You also deliver relevant content to prospects which guides them through the sales process. Your success depends on understanding the problems that GRIN solves and being able to identify who is ready at the right time. If you have a love for kicking ass, pushing yourself outside your comfort zone, talking to people, and sealing the deal, then we are ready to talk with you!
What You’ll Do
- Initial outreach and follow-up with marketing-generated inquiries, adhering to service-level agreements
- Provide a world-class personalized discovery and qualification experience to prospects, resulting in a smooth and frictionless journey through the GRIN funnel
- Focus on nurturing quality inbound leads to set your Account Executive teammates up for a successful sales process.
- Simultaneously manage a high volume of prospective customers in different stages of the buying journey
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communication on the website through GRIN’s chatbot
- Utilize your knowledge and understanding of GRIN’s product suite to accurately field inbound prospect and expansion inquiries
- Partner with the greater Marketing team to provide feedback on inbound efforts, including different lead source performance, pain points and user journeys driving to demo request
- Build strong professional relationships across the Sales and Marketing departments
- Report to our Market Development Manager as a part of our Marketing Team
What You’ll Bring
- Preferred: 1 year of professional work experience
- SaaS sales experience a plus
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to condense complex information into simple language for the appropriate audience
- Self-motivated and determined
- Quick to take action
- Great listener
GRIN is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Final compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience as it relates to the role.
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity