Business Development Representative
Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
GRIN is looking for motivated, hard working, and team oriented Business Development Representatives to join our growing team! If you want to reach out to your favorite e-commerce brands to help them extend their reach and drive Marketing ROI through your favorite social media creators, this role is for you! You will prospect brands (via cold calls, emails, recorded videos, and direct messages) to capture the attention of your named accounts, qualify the lead, and set meetings for Account Executives, who will be responsible for running the sales cycle and closing the deal. Your success depends on your intense drive to be your best, hit your goals, and share best practices with your teammates. If you have a love for pushing yourself outside your comfort zone, researching/prospecting, talking to people, and sealing the deal, then we are ready to talk with you!
This is a great opportunity to jumpstart your tech sales career in an entry-level position with plenty of opportunity for upward mobility within our rapidly growing company.
What will you be doing?
- Use a consistent contact attempt process with brands via phone and email to follow-up, nurture, and qualify the leads you create.
- Find, educate, and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities to hand over to the Account Executive to close.
- Maintain industry and technology knowledge to ensure that you remain a trusted resource for prospects and successfully managing and overcoming prospect objections.
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize your outreach, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect types.
- At least 1 year of professional work experience
- SaaS sales experience a plus
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong work ethic and have a desire to grow in your new field.
- Comfortable on the phone making cold calls
- Outgoing Personality
- Excellent Time Management and Organization skills
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity
Something looks off?